“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Monday, May 27, 2013

Ode To The Sun

If I had wanted to be born in England, I would have.  But no, someone has decided that Washington is England with misty soggy moors, and without the nice heather.  Instead we have Scotch Broom.  Close enough. 

Sun, where are you?

You are shiny and bright.
You make the barn light. (so I can see what I'm eating)
You brighten my mood.
Rain is just rude. (and drippy)
Coming back would be fine.
Outdoors I would dine.
Not inside with Alpine.

Please???  Pretty please with a Peanut on top?  (Which ought to be an indication of just how much I MISS you.) 
Okay. 
Several Peanuts then. 
Oy.

10 comments:

* said...

We have enjoyed some sunshine this weekend with my sister who lives in England....we were joking about what it would be like at home, and as we crossed the border into Wales, the rain literally started and it rained th next hour and a half home. I do love Wales, rain or no...but sometimes a bit of sunshine isn't much to ask hey?

Hoping for sun in great dollops for you today!x

Marigold said...

Dear Faith,
Certainly NOT too much to ask. But do you think anyone is listening? :)

Candy C. said...

I hope the sun returns to your little corner of the world soon Marigold! We have had plenty of it here in Arizona recently and would gladly trade you a couple of your rainy days for some sunny ones!

Marigold said...

Dear Candy,
Please. Send sun. The Peanuts are drowning.

Millie said...

I can sympathize. Our pasture is flooded and our barn is mudded. I think I could even chip in a peanut or two if we could get some sunshine.

Marigold said...

Dear Millie,
You is a poet and don't know it! LOL!

Mrs. Micawber said...

If the Sun should deign to appear, will you please put in a good word for us? We haven't seen him in DAYS. And our forecast is a week's worth of thunderstorms. Oy.

Instead of a storm
I'd rather it be warm
And sunny, not showery
Not cloudy, just flowery
It is nearly June
And winter will be here all too soon.

(Dreadful thought)

Snowcatcher said...

I, too, hope you get some sunshine soon, but I, too, would trade some of ours for your rain! We were getting snow after snow after snow for a while, and now it looks as though we're going back into drought.

Plenty of dry peanuts to go round here!

Marigold said...

Dear Mrs.Micawber,
I'll do what I can, but, afterall, who listens to a goat? At least you aren't stuck with any Alpines. Are you?

Marigold said...

Dear SnowCatcher,
Perhaps you caught all the snow and that is why it is now so dry? You'll have to try to be less successful. In the meantime, soggy, soggy Peanuts here. I envy your dry Peanuts. Really I do. Can you crochet a tiny Peanut? Then I would have a reminder of what dry ones at least look like.