“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Friday, September 10, 2010

The Epidemic

You may recall that awhile back I took a truck ride. In case you forgot, you can read about it here. Anyway, guess what? Lucky me. Today I got to take another truck ride. Why, you ask? Well, it's like this. I continue to be lopsided and the goatmother is a consummate worrier. It's as simple as that. The bad news is I've lost my spidey sense. The good news I'm not alone.

I know. That doesn't make any sense, but it would appear that the vet's office had another goat just this morning, with the very same *affliction*. Now how coincidental is that? The fact is that this was no coincidence. It is my belief that this is a case of alien abduction. I don't know about that other goat, but I remember, or maybe I don't, losing track of several hours a couple of months ago. And I have vague flashbacks of probey things. And not being able to breathe (or was that Boo rolling over on me in the night?) At any rate, something strange is going on here. Two goats with the same affliction in one day? I don't think so!

The vet thought it might help to receive something called a' hair-moan' injection. I don't know about you, but I've never heard a hair moan and I certainly think one would tend to notice such a thing. Anyway, it was decided that this would not be a successful method of dealing with the problem, and the goatmother was told to just take a 'wait and see' attitude. Wait and see? 'Wait' for and 'see' what, for goats' sake??? Oy. As for me, I'm going to wait and see all right, but you can rest assured it will be with one eye open for anything green, glowing or pulsating. In the meantime, I shall be practicing. "Klaatu barada nikto ... Klaatu barada nikto ... Klaatu barada nikto!, darn it!"

4 comments:

goatfarmer said...

THAT again???? What the HAY???

Marigold said...

Dear Goatfarmer,
You of all people should believe. After all, why else would Tangy act that way?

Kathy in KY said...

Come again, Miss Marigold? I don't speak Goat-ese, or is that alien-ese. BTW - thanks for stopping by. Tell the farmer next time she feeds to take a photo of Boo with food all over her face and share it. You had me rolling on the floor with that comment - OMGoodness, you are too, too funny, must by the hormones, yours not mine. Tell the farmer congratulations and thanks for raising such a humorous goatee. I'm sure she'll take all of the credit! Take care, Miss Marigold - from central KY. Oh and tell the farmer that I did finish Payton's afghan and he loves it! Thank goatness. OY!

goatgirl said...

There is a cure for that Marigold but it involves heavy labor.