“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Some Like It Hot


Some do, but I don't. That's it. I just DON'T. You see, they have issued a special weather statement warning that this weekend and beyond it is supposed to soar into the 85 to 95 degree range. Not only that, but it is supposed to last for several days. That just never happens. Now this might not seem very hot to some of you, but I can assure you that around here we see it as akin to the Mojave.

Just so you know, I have asked for one of those plastic pools. Normally I don't like getting wet, but it seems like just the ticket for our predicted heat wave. I do need to figure out how to keep Boo out of it though. I can picture it now...Boo stepping in and all the water stepping decidedly OUT. I think it would be much like trying to put a big fat tennis ball in a Dixie cup.

Anyway, if we did get a pool, maybe I could become a surfer babe. I think I could ride the waves. After all, I do have aerodynamically superior ears. It'd be a breeze. On the other hand, now that I think about it, maybe the whole pool/surfer thing isn't such a good idea. I can see as how it might make for some soggy Peanuts. Certainly that would never do since the crunch is such an integral part of the whole Peanut experience. Well, like I'll just have to let you know how it all turns out. Like hang hoof and Oy, duuude.

2 comments:

goatgirl said...

About now I think the pool is a good idea. Better hurry, by Wednesday the stores will be all out. At the least you should have a fan. Just don't let Boo stand in front of it. That would defeat the purpose.

Danni said...

I'm wondering how you all did today...it was so darn hot here. Funny, but Pete and Reggie seem to do just fine in this heat. They still headbutt each other, eat constantly, and talk to everyone who walks by. Nothing much has changed for them - those around them, however, are all moving a LOT slower! :-)