“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Good Genes

Goat Grief! Literally. That is not a mere exclamation. Hi! Peanut here. Well, it seems that today was the day. The goatmother decided it was time the Amazon women and I worked out the whole 'pecking order' thing. I really don't understand why since we are goats and NOT chickens, but there you have it. It is what it is. Actually it wasn't all that bad. Auntie Marigold has been relatively successful in following her new-found 12-step rules (although, I guess, in her case it would be 36-step rules since she has three programs). Anyway, Auntie Marigold only took a couple of half-hearted swipes at me, so I think she is doing rather well. However, Boo, the supposed 'monarch', is quite another story. In the above photo, you see the U.S.S. Boo in full pursuit mode and me dashing away while yelling, "Run Watson! Get the hay out of the way!!!".

So I tried camouflage in hopes that she wouldn't see me. I tried very hard to blend in with the surroundings. Peanut on the rocks anyone?

It didn't work all that well, but as you can see, in the end, with my svelte body and superior locomotion, I quite literally left her in the dust. She looks awfully confused, don't you think? I'm sure she didn't expect such athletic prowess and mental perspicacity from one so small and seemingly insignificant...but then, she doesn't know about my mom! I'm not Hannah Belle Lecter's son for nothin'!!!

Plus, as a result, all was not lost. It seems Ella actually likes me! I'm sure that will frustrate Auntie Marigold to no end, but what's a guy gonna' do? I guess I got a little of that 'swave and deboner' from my dad after all.

No comments: