“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Lesson Gone Awry

Perhaps I have forgotten to mention it. I mean what with my preoccupation about the arrival of Watson and all, I may have forgotten a few things. It is understandable. Well, if I didn't mention it before, the Mighty Quinn has been going to 'doggie school'. Now I am not completely certain what goes on at 'doggie school', but I have heard the goatmother and the goatfather discussing it a few times, and I have seen them out 'working' on lessons with the Mighty Quinn. It all looks rather pointless to me. Why would anyone want to sit just because someone else thought they should? I do see that they give the Mighty Quinn a doggie treat for his efforts. Still, why would anyone want to sit unless it was for a Peanut? I don't get it. And this walking on a leash thing. Why would anyone want to walk on a leash if they weren't going anywhere? Come to think of it, why would anyone want to walk on a leash at all? It is a puzzlement.

Anyway, I digress. It seems that today the Mighty Quinn, the goatmother, and the goatfather, attended 'doggie school'. I overheard them talking and it was, apparently, a dismal failure. First of all, the Mighty Quinn loves, above all things, to play with other dogs. And even above that, the Mighty Quinn loves people. I do understand this part because, after all, it is people who have the Peanuts, right? But I digress again.

In this 'doggie school', the dogs are not allowed to interact with each other. Strike no. 1 for the Mighty Quinn. Secondly, even though the people come around and supervise the said 'training', the dogs are never allowed to interact with the people except for the owner. Strike no. 2 for the Mighty Quinn. This all serves to make the Mighty Quinn quite distracted, as you can well imagine, thus deeming concentration on lessons at hand a lofty aim for the amiable. Still, the Mighty Quinn manages *most* of the time to pull it off.

Now you will notice I have starred *most*. There is a reason. It was very hot today. Everyone was a little on edge, a little more excitable, a little more distractable. The Mighty Quinn did his best, and things went *okay* until... Until what, you ask? As the Mighty Quinn lay at the feet of his master, an earwig ran out and across the floor of the 'doggie school'. (Please refer to the post, A Lesson In Herding ). I'm afraid all was lost. I think perhaps that earwig was a *plant*. I must discuss this with Watson. Perhaps another game is afoot!

No comments: