“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A New Toy

I am SO upset! Yesterday the goatmother and the goatfather brought in a NEW TOY!! Now we already have quite a few goat-oriented toys here - really a capricornucopia of things to play on and with. We have a concrete block mountain; we have two wooden spools; we have a slick old log (slick because we have managed to *help* it out of its bark); we have a big metal gate - oh, just so many toys. But yesterday! Yesterday we got the absolute KING of wooden spools - and in the barn no less!!! Be still my beating heart! It is much bigger than the other two wooden spools! I almost swooned.

However, Ella the Alpine (remember Ella?...all, Mine! Mine! Mine!) took it over. You can see her ugly leer in the next picture. Really! This is just TOO much. Still, maybe it is for the best. I mean I wouldn't want my beloved therapy stump to feel slighted in the least. It has been there for me through thick and thin - a true friend! - a true rock! (although it is a stump).
Who wants an old spool anyway, when one can have an oasis?

1 comment:

The Sweet Pea said...

Dear Marigold,
we alpines are all alike!!
We love to take over new
things!! Ella probably feels like me..... " this is mine, this is mine and this is mine " . We are especially fond of spools,and things like that!
But, relax, my friend!! We are not at all partial to stumps!!